Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My great great grandmother Lou

Whether she was referred to as Lou Wickliffe or Louisa Williams or just simply Lou, I want to give tribute to a mom that had more children & lived longer than anyone else in my tree.  

The short story of her life is....

I think that she may have been adopted.  In the 1880 census, she's listed as the adopted daughter of Henry & Mollie Dodd.
She married my great, great grandfather James on March 22, 1888, in Breckinridge, Kentucky.  They had 10 children in 21 years. 9 were living in 1911.  ANY MOTHER WHO GIVES BIRTH 10 TIMES DESERVES A TRIBUTE.
She died having lived for more than 100 years. There is some debate about whether she was born April 7, 1871 (according to the social security index) or around 1867 (according to the Kentucky death index).  She died on December 20, 1972, in Louisville, Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment