Monday, July 21, 2014

Blogs that help me

When I first started to blog, I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing.




I've just recently started to research how to blog about my genealogy. 

Tons of sites have caught my attention but here are a few I frequent almost daily.

If you are a beginner or you've been blogging for awhile, you will love Michael John Neill's
Genealogy tip of the day.  I learn something new from this site all the time.  

I recently started to follow a blogger who has been blogging for 8 long years!  Lisa Alzo calls herself the Accidental Genealogist, but her blog is no accident.  I've learned so much about formatting my blog from her.
A recent post of her's discusses some of her personal highlights over the years.  Check it out.

Even though I've only been to Kentucky once, I feel I know it well because of Brenda Joyce Jerome.  She has a blog centered around Western Kentucky Genealogy.
This is a life saver for me because most of my mother's family hails from this part of Kentucky.  Thanks Brenda!

One of the coolest ideas I've seen since I started blogging, was Amy Johnson Crow's blog:
No story to small.  She has a challenge called "52 ancestors challenge."  You have to check this out.  Each week she has a ton of great post sent in by members participating & the post are amazing.   

My all time favorite has to be Jana's genealogy & family history blog.  Not just because she has featured me in her blog,  (Thanks again Jana!)  but because of all of the interesting blogs she features each Friday.  She calls it her: Fab finds of the week.

I wish I could mention every blog, but this is definitely a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment