Thursday, January 1, 2015

Out with 2014....In with 2015

Looking back at this blogging year has been so amazing.  I'm so excited at the things that I've accomplished this year, but I know I still have so far to go.

When I first started this blog, I had a totally different idea of what this blog would be.  
I cared more about who read it & how to  increase the traffic to my blog, than about sharing my research with my family.  In the end, it turned out to be the last thing I worry about.  Don't get me wrong, I care if my mom reads my post, or if my husband was interested enough to want to read it, but in the end, I care if I want to read it more than them.

Even if my mother hasn't seen it lately, I know that she had in the past.  Not only her, but several others too. Over 2,400 views to date.  250 just this month!  THAT'S AMAZING!

I've had some great post this year, but these were obviously the "fan favorites".


10. Connecting with family:  In September, I posted about my ability to connect with my extended family through this blog.  
(That is a gift that I get every time I connect with a new member of my family.  Which is happening more often recently)
9. Alfred & Bessie's boys: This is definitely one of my favorites & I can't believe that it's this low on my list. My uncles were so handsome & the pic over "old" Indianapolis is something any original Hoosier needs to see.
8.  Harrison & Probie:  This post was a cool collage I made of my great grandparents.  This post was special to me for many reasons, but the main reason was that it touched my heart to see these pics come alive in a collage.
7. My grandpa as a child: I wasn't super excited about this post because all I did was ask questions.  I know very little about my grandpa as a child & I was hoping that someone would comment & enlighten me, but unfortunately........
6. Wednesday's child: My uncle Charles: I hope my uncle had a chance to see the Thinklink I created with his childhood pics.  This post got a lot of my immediate family talking.  Everyone thought the pics looked like my son or my brother.  (Which is ironic because my son & both of my brothers look just like him.)
5. Monday mystery: Wickliffe family reunion: This post was important to me because I really want this reunion to happen.  We all know so very little about each other & we are related.  THAT HAS TO CHANGE.  I didn't get a chance to know my grandparents before they passed away.  I don't want to not know their families too.
4. Aunt Pal: My aunt Pal was such a beautiful person.  I'm glad so many people saw this pic of her.  She was an angel & one of the few Wickliffe family members I've ever met.
3. Blogging our history:  Ironically, this post was just like the one I'm doing right now, but it was done way back when the only thing I cared about was "increasing my blog traffic".  I decided to highlight my favorite blogs & for the first time in Wickliffe family blog history, someone actually commented on one of my post.  (Thanks again Jana Last.  She runs one of the blogs that inspire me every time I visit.)
2. It's my mom!:  I LOVE THIS POST.  It's my favorite post of all time.  Seeing my mom smile like my baby girl, is better than one thousand views.  (THANKS AGAIN cousin Wanda for all of the awesome pics.
Drum roll please.........
And the # 1 post of 2014 was...........
Blogs that help me: THANK YOU to all of the blogs that I read daily that inspire me to continue to blog, even if it is just for ME.  



What was your favorite post? 

No comments:

Post a Comment