Thursday, April 17, 2014

How I knocked down my first brick wall

Familysearch.org is a secret I found only a short time ago.

I had been trying to find the maiden name of my two times great grandmother Lou.

First, I had no clue what her real name was.  Grandma Lou is all my mother had ever known.  
All of the records I had come across & those given to me by family members never mention any other name other than Lou Wickliffe.

I posted a message on the ancestry.com message board.  (Something I rarely do, but I was trying everything I'd learned to do to knock down a brick wall.)  Someone actually responded to me & asked me if I had tried finding my great, great grandparents marriage record on familysearch.  I had never even heard of the site.  

Long story short, 

Ancesty.com has a great video collection on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment