Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Henry Wickliffe-Insane or sick

Henry was the older brother of my Great Grandmother Odie.

Although Henry lived with my great grandmother Lou most of his life, he did spend a few years in Indiana (I think I found him in Warrick, IN in 1920.)& also spent some time in Illinois.

Where did Henry live in Illinois?  

Anna state hospital for the Insane

Yes, a mental institution.  

When I first saw his name on the 1920 census record in a mental institution, my first thought was:

Was he mentally ill?




I did a little research on the ancestry.com message board & I found out that it wasn't just the mentally ill that stayed here.  If a patient had cardiac or stroke related issues, they may have been sent here too.  

It's still makes me curious about why he never married or had children.  

Was he mentally ill?

No comments:

Post a Comment