Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The missing leaves from my family tree

Where do I go from here?

For 8 years now, I have been researching the Wickliffe family blood line.  I've tried to clean up the mess I've made of my tree, but I'm still missing so many people.
I've had an ancestry.com membership since the beginning & most of what I have found, has been through that site.  
I was recently introduced to familysearch.org & I love it.  First of all it's free (which sucks since I've been paying ancestry.com $25.00 for 12 years), secondly, for some reason, records are easier to find on their site.  I often have both sites up & use familysearch to locate the record & ancestry to save it to the people already in my tree.
Unfortunately, now I'm stuck
I think my next step is to visit Kentucky.  I know that the records are out there, but I don't think that they are all on-line yet.  So that means road trip.
The problem is I don't know where to start.
Muhlenberg county is #1 on the list.  However, the Kentucky archive is in Frankfort.  
I've also seen records in Christian, McLean, Ohio, Logan, Hopkins, Daviess, Nelson, Breckridge & Jefferson county.  Unfortunately for me & the price of gas, all these counties are not all right there in the same area.  Some are, most aren't.  Especially not Frankfort.  It's way on the other side of Kentucky compared to Muhlenberg County.  

I think I need some help.............................or a good tour guide.  

No comments:

Post a Comment