Monday, August 11, 2014

Surname Sundays: The Render Family

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track when I search for this family or not.  I've only found 1 person in my family who even married a Render.

I think that this is a classic case of what genealogist call searching for someone else's family.  I found one link in our trees & ran with it.  

However, I do think that there is a link.

This is the last census (1910) that William appears in.  
I see 3 of William & Daisy's children are born, they did have another daughter Gracie before his death in 1914.

(I also see multiple family members in the same area for the first time on a census.)

The census 10 years before is a little tougher to read, but I was able to find my three times great grandparents living next door to the Render family-Nelson, Martha & their 9 children. 

I'm a little curious about the fact that the other families living near them are a Carbin family & another Wickliffe family. 
(There is a Carbin family living on the other side of my three times great grandparents & a Wickliffe family living next door to the Render family.)  

So who are the other Renders in my tree?  

This is where I start to get a little confused. I've found several Render families in the area, but I'm not sure if the families I find after this period or before are the same Renders in these 2 census records.  

I guess this could have been a Monday mystery too.  

Can anyone help?????

No comments:

Post a Comment