Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Robert Wickliffe's Will

Muhlenberg Co. Ky. p.137-138 Will book 2 (1820) I Robert Wickliff Sr. of Muhlenberg County and state of Kentucky do hereby make my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say, I give to my daughter ELIZABETH JACKSON Two negroes namely ELI and CELIA also four hundred acres of land lying on Green river also two half ace lotts in the town of Lewisberg two out lots containing Two acres each and there future Increase for ever. Secondly I give to my daughter MARGARET CUNDIFF four hundred acres of land lying on Plum Creek also one negro woman named WINNY and her three? children and their future increase forever- thirdly I give to my Daughter Jane Bodine Thre negros namely FRANK< CHARITY and her child JOSEPH and their future increase forever-
This passage comes out of Robert Wickliffe's Will. This may be the same Joseph Bodine that fathered my great, great grandfather Yost Wickliffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment